1. Choose your DVD
- There are separate packages for wedding invitations and favours, keepsakes of your Special Day and a 'Love Story' show of the life of the bride and groom.
- If ordering invitations and favours, consider whether most of your guests will be computer users, if so you can include a lot of extra content, information about the event and venue, web links and even an online RSVP system
- You may choose to show the life of the bride and groom on your invitations or favours
- You may order a combo of a 'Love Story' DVD and a keepsake of the Big Day or invitations and a keepsake. Check out the packages page!
2. Pick your style(s)
3. Gather your material
- Choose your photos —refer to our suggestions page for useful tips. Digital photos should be ready to use or you may wish to use our specialist photo services to enhance them. Prints, slides or negatives will need to be scanned: you can scan them yourself (please refer to our tips section) or take advantage of our scanning service.
- Determine the sequence you wish to use the photos in. For digital photos, you can rename the file to reflect their order. If your package includes more than one show, either submit the photos separately for each one or rename them appropriately, i.e., 'FirstShow001', 'SecondShow001'. For prints or slides, use a stickie to write the number on or write it in soft pencil on the back of the photo (being careful not to mark it) or the slide frame. If using negatives, you'll need to place them in batches stating the neg number and sequence. Please contact us if you need assistance.
- If you wish to use photo captioning (available for selected styles and subject to extra cost), please provide captions next to sequential photo numbers in a Word document, text file (use notepad or any text editor) or within the body of an email. There will be an extra charge for typing handwritten captions and this procedure may cause errors or omissions so it's best avoided.
- If using video clips please indicate the segment you wish to use in minutes and seconds from the start of the clip to the end of the clip. If you have access to a video editing package you can use it to cut out the segment. Please specify where the clip should be used, i.e., as an intro or within a photoshow style that supports video.
- If you need more than a video clip, please contact us for further information.
- You can supply the tunes of your choice as backdrop for your photos. Please refer to your chosen package to determine how many tracks will be included. Each 'track' can consist of more than one song or piece of music if the show is longer than the tune. You may wish to use more than one song for each track or the song can be looped until the end of the show. Please note that photo DVDs should not be used as means to distribute copyrighted music.
- Alternatively we can add a stock soundtrack to your presentation(s).
4. Choose a supplier and place your order
- If you got here through one of our affiliates, follow their instructions to place your order.
- Submit payment as instructed.
- Once we have reviewed your order we will send you a confirmation reference; this reference should be quoted on any communications regarding your order.
- Your confirmation will include a link our Design Center, where you can customize your DVD, choose styles and custom options.
- We will also send you suggestions suitable for your particular project, i.e. styles, colour schemes, etc. suited to a particular project.
5. Customize your project
- After getting your confirmation, go to our Design Centre, where you can specify the styles you want for your project and any other details such as headlines, etc.
- Submit your design brief along with your digital photos, music, etc.
6. Submit your material
- If your photos are in digital format you can submit them by email.
- Individual images can be submitted using our upload facility. This is recommended if you've requested photo captioning, as you can submit the text along with each image, making sure they stay together
- Alternatively, if submitting lots of high resolution images, we can arrange for an alternative to email such as FTP transfer.
- You will need broadband or a fast internet connection to submit photos and video clips over the internet. We can accept photos in most popular file formats. Please send all photos as separate files (JPG, TIFF, BMP, etc.) or in a zipped archive format (ZIP, RAR, ISO files are OK). Do not send photos within other files such as Word documents, PowerPoint presentations or PDFs.
- You may submit your digital photos, music and video (if applicable) on a disc. You will receive full posting instructions with your order.
Prints, slides and negatives for scanning
- Send your prints, negs or slides together with a submission form and any music or video on CD (if applicable). We need to be in receipt of payment for photo services before we can scan your photos.
Music, video and narration
- We can accept video and music in most popular file formats (MP3, MPEG, MOV, WMA, WMV, WAV, AIFF, etc.).
- Please do not send cassettes, tapes, VHS or records. If your music or video is not in digital format please contact us before sending it.
Your Wedding DVD will be a unique keepsake, an unforgettable gift, party favour or greeting. DVDs can be played back on set-top DVD players connected to your TV or computers equipped with DVD playback software.